Reusable Django Apps and Forking (versioning of reusable apps)

/*--- holy mAcar00ns!! --- */

I've been wondering about this issue of using reusable apps and what to do when you need a new version. Forking is one way to deal with it:

Reusable Django Apps and Forking | Django Web Development - Lincoln Loop: "Since then, I’ve started forking many of my apps for individual projects. While at first I thought I was losing all the benefits of reusable apps, I quickly realized they were still there. I can still get a site up and running rapidly by reusing open source and personal code libraries/applications, but now I have the added benefit of being able to customize them to my heart’s content without worrying about past projects. Things that improve the app go into the main repository for reuse in the next project."

all your bases ar--

ping moi pleeez


About this entry

pacman is coming

nuck nuck

e belong to us!